It started on Tuesday. It was the last day of school before our two week break. It was the regular Christmas activities at school. I had two parties as usual: 5th and 6th grade. We read the Christmas story and talked about Jesus' love for us to come as a babe in a manger. I really believe that my kids are amazed by the Christmas story. It was a fun day and even a visit from Santa. The highlight of the day was when my 6th graders preformed the skit they had been working on. It has been a hectic process, but praise the Lord, it worked. Sometimes i really have to remember that i'm working with kids and its not going to go as perfectly as I want it to. So we did a Christmas play after school, where most of the parents showed up, it told the Christmas story though teenagers. Then we did our dramatic interpretation of Light Your World by NewSong. It was a hit! I believe that God really touched the hearts of the parents. It was excellent. I'm planning to do more of these with the kids as time goes on, especially around Easter.
Christmas Eve was spent in a frenzy. As most Americans, I was last minuet Christmas shopping for Jen. I was trying to find her boots...but sadly i couldnt find any that she would like, but i found this excellent peacoat. Mary Ann and I went to Talpiot, outside of Jerusalem, and found a supermarket. It was so fun. All Mary Ann could say, "This is very dangerous." As in, we will probably now shop there all the time. Haha In Palestine we dont have supermarkets. All food in one place. Its very dangerous. Then that evening, I went to a Christmas party with some people from PIDEA, an organization that works with leadership building and teamwork. They do activities with my 5th and 6th graders. It was a blast. I was around foreigners. It was truly a Christmas dinner with a turkey and all. It was a blast to meet new people and share stories. Also Jen's family arrived this day. It was incredible to be able to finally meet them. Also..at 11pm all of the girls in the apts gathered for Christmas communion. That was the highlight of the day. Wow! We really wanted to but ourselves in the real mindset of Christmas. We do get caught up in the presents and the santas, and the gifts. Thats not really Christmas. Its about God who became fully a man in the form of a babe to die and be the Savior of the World.
Christmas Day: Well...i was awaken my a knock on the bedroom door by Jen. I'm actually staying in another apartment b/c her great aunt is staying in my bed. So Jen was at the door to tell me that the water in our apartment was warm so i could take a shower. Now thats a great thing to hear on Christmas. We have hot water. But we did have to use the water heater. But its still a great Christmas present. After the shower, i went to the other apts and gave out gifts. It truly is about giving! I love to give surprise gifts so much!! I made hot chocolate mix and chocolate spoons and put them in mugs for the girls in the other apts. I was really blessed to have the real feel of Christmas when Jen and her family invited me to open gifts with them. It was awesome. It was great to see the reactions when they were opening gift b/c i was with Jen when she bought all of them. Her mom almost cried. Then Jen opened her gift from me and she loved the peacoat and new scarf that she wanted. Excellent! Then i opened gifts. It was a big blessing b/c Jen got me gifts and so did her family it was great. I got some excellent hand-made new earrings, bath&body works, and Jen gave me excellent gifts that i have been wanting: Twlight and new Converse!! Yipee. I get to go pick out the converse myself. Then we had Christmas lunch. Jen is an excellent cook and i'm glad i got to help. Now i know what my mom and grandmother go through at Christmas to prepare. We had a total of 10 people there for lunch. It was so fun. It was like being at home, but just without my family but a new one. God is truly great! He fills the void! Wow!! He really amazes me!
Today: It was a great day. I went to my friend's house. A student of mine mom's house to visit with her cousin from Hebron, Ma. I talked about them before. I really believe that God is going to do something big in this Muslim family's life. I cant wait to see it! He is! Seriously right now as i type this i feel a stirring in my spirit for them. GOD IS A GREAT GOD AND MIGHTY TO SAVE!! MIGHTY TO SAVE!! ALL GLORY POWER AND HONOR TO HIM!! He is shaking the foundation of this family. I can feel it. I can feel it. It just amazes me and excites me. Well i went to have breakfast with Ma. So i had breakfast with Ma, her brother Ha, and the mother of my student who i'll Katha. It was a great Arabic breakfast with pita, hummas, and other things. Then we made sweets, and its a big thing when an Arab woman lets you help her clean and cook in the kitchen. It is like she thinks of you as part of the family. Katha lets me help cook and clean. Since i'm not skilled in Arabic dancing, i had a little lesson from Katha and Ma. It was so fun!! So fun. I laughed so hard. We've got a lot more lessons on the way! After that Ha wanted to go the the Nativity Church and so did my student. It was a great testimony. Even though i'm not Catholic, Orthodox, or Armenian it was a way to show Jesus to a Muslim teen. He was amazed. It was very new to him but i know that God planted a seed there, because at one time he looked at a statue and said that it was beautiful. This family is so impressionable. I know God knows what he is doing...but sometimes i wonder and amazed that he choses me to be his vessel. One thing is for sure...God doesn't called the equipped...he equips the called. And He is well equipping me! Praise Him!! He amazes me! Then we had dinner. It was a great day. I was planning to be in the bed and be lazy all day...but you know what?? God had other plans. I thank Him for getting me off my butt and doing his will today. Just being his vessel and letting His light shine through me. How great is our God? Please..Please....when you pray will you lift this family up to God. He is doing something there and I would really like you intercessors to be praying for visions and dreams in this family's life. I want them to see the miracles that Jesus does. I want this family to feel the freedom that Jesus gives. I cant wait to see what God will do.
Once again thank you for all your prayers and support. God is doing great things in this school. It is a big honor for me to be here chosen by Him! When I think about it it makes me lovesick for the Bridegroom to come! Many blessings to you all and your families throughout the holidays.
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing all of that, Lindsey. May God bless your work there and bless this Muslim family through you. Sending love your way!! Love, The David's
Post a Comment