Wednesday, 28 January 2009
Where to visit in Beit Jalla
I know that i have told you about Akkawi Cafe before..but i'm not too sure if you really understand how awesome it is! Tonight...i had a lot of grading to do to get ready for report cards so i decide to go to Akkawi to get some delicious food and drink some excellent coffee. And thats what i have been doing for about 3 hours. Its an excellent atmosphere to relax and enjoy your time there. Time really does seem to stand still. I've been here for all this time with all of the employees and Bashir the owner checking on me. I just feel at home here. The staff and Bashir do everything to make you feel comfortable and well taken care of. If they dont have the type of drink you want...then they make sure they go and get it for you. The customer is their highest priority. Also...did i say the food was delicious. I mean the food is de-licious! I've tried basically everything on the menu and never been disappointed. Also..excellent hot drinks...they have the best mocha and as Ben would say the best white hot chocolate in all of Palestine. Also..they have exquisite cakes! I've gained like 10lbs because i would just come and eat cake and coffee...but it was worth it all. lol I really want just to rave on them because i had such a great experience tonight. I had a stressful day with the kids and trying to get all these papers grading is stressful in itself...but being able to come here and relax and take my time in a good atmosphere really made an evening i wasnt looking forward into to a great one! I really just love spending time here. I enjoy the conversation and if you get to know the owners Bashir and Janette well enough they have great stories to tell you! I love sitting for hours listening to their stories about their past and their relationship. Usually there is a lot of laughing. And if you're as lucky as I am you will meet their entire family. Now that was a great experience! One that i will never forget! If you are ever in Palestine...especially Beit Jalla you will be doing yourself a disservice if you do not stop in eat and spend sometime with Bashir and Jannette. See...just now i'm typing and Basir comes and hands me a piece of cake...the customer is his highest priority...he is always spoiling us. Chocolate mouse....Zackee!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment