Thursday, 21 August 2008
God Is Good
We say all the time that God is good. Yes...we mean it...but how much more does it mean when we see His goodness at work! Today, He has blown my mind! So...it started with a trip to Jerusalem. Usually traveling in or out of Bethlehem in Palestine you have to go through a check point where your passport is checked. This happens more going into Israel then going into Bethlehem. I was meeting a friend from the dig last year! We had a great day. We walked on top of the old city wall. It was incredible. I had a different perspective of Jerusalem that I never had before. It was nice. Then we travelled up a few hills to see the best view of the entire city. Now...don't get me wrong...The Mount of Olives is pretty awesome...but this one was so much better! I totally wish i hadn't forgot my camera. It was a spectacular sight. As I was leaving Jerusalem, the buses had stopped going into Bethlehem, so my friend called a taxi and told the driver to take very good care of me! And that he did! I really thank the Lord for Yosef, my driver. He was so helpful! When I got to the main checkpoint for Yosef to drop me off, I started going through my bag to pay him my fare. But I realized that my wallet was not there. I was in a panic...then I called my friend to see if I left it in their bag. But unfortunately no! It was nowhere! My wallet not only had my debit card, money, id, but also the most important thing to get into Bethlehem....MY PASSPORT!!! My friend kept calling me and asking if I was okay and started making arrangements to go look for it and trying to find me a place to stay with other friends... Butt, You know...I didn't realize it until now...but God started pouring peace over me. I didn't know really what to do. Try going through the checkpoint and tell them what happend? Call my roommate who was in Jerusalem to stay with her? But the driver had a different plan. Yosef said, "I will get you there, don't worry!" So Yosef drove to the back checkpoint and we had no trouble getting in! Incredible! No one checked anything! He drove me right up to the school gate! Right before I stepped out of the car my phone rang...It was Ms. Grace (the principal of the school) I thought that she had found out that the taxi was looking for the school....but she brought other news. "Hello...Lindsey...I heard that your passport got lost." I had not told anyone but my friend and Yosef about the lost wallet and passport. "Mr. Ross (superintendent) just called me, he said he got a call from a man who found your passport." It was amazing! I don't know how or when I lost it...but someone found it! Mr. Ross' number was in my wallet so the man called. Come to find out that this man is a Muslim man who is very honest and should have my money, cards, and passport! Ms. Grace has already spoken to him and we will meet him tomorrow! In the mist of everything I did pray God please help. Its amazing! Thats really all I can say! God has perfect timing. In the mist of things that we may think are insignificant to God, He says that they are not! He cares about every aspect of our lives! He cares wether or not we have our passport and uses ironic situations for His name to be gloried. He is Magnificent! My mind is still baffled by this...but I know that God is teaching me things...one thing at a time! He is teaching me to be aware at all times of my things and not misplace them, that He cares about our lives, and that He is still in the miracle business.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
you have great luck with lost wallets...
God is so good. The foster-whiddons love you much and are praying for you. Oh, by the way we are having a girl!!!!
Lexie says: Hello
you know i gotta give a word!
"He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?" Romans 8:32
GOD IS GOOD :)
Saw your blog on the Davids site. So glad we can keep up with you-you are an encouragement to us and a light to so many! We love you and will be praying for you!
Post a Comment