Friday, 29 August 2008

School's In Forever!

Wow...i think that the last two days have been some of the most trying times in my life. Crazy, I know! School started on Wednesday, and thank God they were only half days! I'm teaching 5th and 6th Grade Language and History, which to hear others talk are the worst two classes in elementary. Goody for me! Well...i got to see that first hand. Constantly, up and down, speaking out of turn, hitting each other, getting into tussles, and USING ARABIC! Which is not allowed in the classroom and i have a low tolerance for b/c they are calling me names which i dont understand. Goodness! We've had punishment both days of school! The second day was better. These children have so much potential...there just has to be a way to funnel their energy and put that potential to use! I know that with God's timing and his hands something will be put in play. The next few weeks, I'm relying on God's strength to make it through each day! This is not an easy task...but He never said it would be! But i'm optimistic! "Greater things have yet to come and greater things are still to be done in this city"

1 comment:

vanessa said...

you can do it girl. God is with you. much love.

Lexie and Zoe are keep a jar full of coins for you. Lexie asked " Mom, how are we going to get this to her?" not sure...how are we going to get it to you?