Well..on to happy stories from yesterday. So..yesterday was my birthday..oh yeah i'm big 23! Cant believe it. But...it was the most incredible bday ever!!! Oh my. When i went down from school the principal called me into her office and had to talk to me. So i knew something was going on. Then at the bell line up all the kids sung happy bday to me in english and arabic...which was amazing. Then i walked to my 5th classroom and door was closed. We knocked on the door and all this snow spray came out. I looked like a snow man..covered in white. So they had me cake and things there. They had the room decorated with posters and cards. They also had a speil about me and being a great teacher which made me want to cry. All of the kids yesterday seemed to have fun and ejoy each other..which is a blessing. Then after break i have 6th grade and they called me up to the chapel and they were hiding and sprung out and yelled SURPRISE!!! So..thats Part #2. They also had the room decorated and had cake and snacks and a special bday chair for presents. I felt so loved by my kids and saw a special glimmer in their eyes. Then i was kidnapped and taken to Akkawwi, a resturant down the street. So i had a birthday lunch, an incredible cake, and flowers. I felt like a princess. And finally party #4. Well..Jen, my roommate, was acting strange, and she called me down to another apartment and she had planned another surprise party for me with all the girls and a few friends from the area. IT WAS AWESOME! We had such a wonderful time. We ate, opened presents, played games, and laughed. Really laughed! Wonderful. They really made me feel as apart of their family. Jen is a great friend. God really put all these people but especially here for this time in my life. Finally, i happened to call my mom yesterday and found out that she was with ALLLLLL my extended family. It was awesome! I got to talk with all of them and i even cried a little. Well..actually a lot yesterday. I did miss my family but really they were tears of joy b/c God has really blessed me with another family here. So it was an amazing day.
Other things that have been going on around here: The kids and I went rock climbing! It was fabulous. They got to experience something knew and exciting for them. The 5th and 6th graders where in a competition to see how many could get to the top. As always...the 6th graders won! Sad. Haha. Also...Thanksgiving. It was also another incredible day. I had two parties in school with the kids. I'll always have two parties b/c i teach two grades. Haha more for me j/k. Then we went to Ms. Grace's house for a thanksgiving party. It was so fun. We had turkey stuffed with rice, sweet potatoes, and stuffing. And may desserts. There was also dancing and singing. Mostly in Arabic but it was so fun. This was another day that i felt like i had such a great big family here. And these are the reasons why i'm staying another year.
I really feel that God is doing big, great big, things at this school. In the lives of the students, but also the teachers and i want to be a part of it. I believe i'm supposed to be a part of it. Right at this moment though, i'm not sure what grade i'm going to teach. I may try to move up with the current 5th graders. So please pray for wisdom. Thank you for all your prayers and support along the way. I love you all very much and miss you!
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Lindsey! 23! You are still so young! You haven't entered the 30s-like us old people! Love ya and good to hear about all God is doing!
Post a Comment