Wow..this will probably be a long one...and it goes out to Ben Wiggins...who has been paitently waiting a new post...NOT!! lol October has been one crazy, fun, and busy month. BUT I LOVE IT!! Things are beginning to cool off here in Bet Jala and I may freeze in the winter, because its already 10 degrees...(well that Celsius). Just a recap on this month's events: #1 HERITAGE CHURCH MISSION TEAM!! Oh my goodness..or in the words of Kirby Cooper, "Goodness...Ugghn" It was incredible. There were a lot of issues that I was dealing with, especially confidence issues and questioning God why I was here. Because its tough. The kids are hard a lot of times for me to handle and i fell as if all i do is discipline and don't show enough love. Also i felt very poor equipped to be a teacher to 5th/6th graders..and this being my first year made things difficult also because i was teaching myself how to teach. Well...the Heritage Team came in and knew my needs right away. They helped me break through the lies that the devil was telling me and help to to hear the voice of God that not only did he equip me but he WELL EQUIPPED me! They were such and encouragement to not only me but the other teachers as well. The students had a blast and sing the Power Lab songs almost everyday. Jen and I had incredible fellowship with Steve and Ben at our fav restaurant Akkawi with two Bible College students Sally and Nadar. We got to hear their incredible testamoines which blew us away and it helped us realize that God is mightily moving in the Middle East in ways we cannot understand. Thanks all you guys again for your love and support! I miss you all already. #2 Jen's friends from JUC have been here for a week now..Jake and Camie. They are an extraordinary couple and so fun to hang out with. I dont think i've done too much of anything this week but hang out with them. Its such a burst of fresh air to have someone i feel like understands and likes the things I do. I know Jen will be so sad to see them leave on Wednesday. They are an incredible couple who have a portrait studio and take awesome pictures...ctouchphoto.com (they are still updating it so please be patient) We actually all traveled to Ramallah this week to go to Stars and Bucks (sound familiar?) and i have to say that the atmosphere is better than at Starbucks. Sorry but true. Finally..#3 The Seniors had a fall festival last week that was a blast. There were games for the kids after school with costumes and then for the highschoolers there was a dance and costume party, which all the teachers took part in also! We had so much fun!! I totally enjoyed dressing us as an 80s Valley Girl and doing the MC Hammer.
Please continue to pray for me and my students. These last couple of weeks i feel have been a lot better thanks to the encouraging words of Dee Taylor who reminded me to put on the full armor of God each morning before i go to the class. Also...God just drawing me into himself. He doesn't do it forcefully but like a gentleman wooing his bride. Please also continue to pray for the kids to have and extraordinary experience with God. That their eyes will be open the the majesty of the King of Kings. Once again thank you for all your love and support and prayers!
1 comment:
I hear joy in you post. I am so glad to hear and see the LOrd fill you with His joy. I miss you and love you. Keep being filled everyday with His joy that is like none other. :)
Post a Comment