To catch you all up on the month of September here we go:
One of the most exciting and God-thing that happened was Jen getting engaged! It's been a year-long process or so it seemed. Ra'ed and Jen are officially engaged. They will be having their wedding on June 12th. They are an amazing couple to see together. I really think God will use their realtionship to show the students what a Godly relationship is supposed to look like. Together they are going to impact Palestine. The engagement was very different for me b/c it is a process. There is a ceremony and people come to visit, unlike in the States. Its was great to participate and be a part of it. I got to spend the day with the families primping and helping prepare for the party. It truly was a joyous occasion. One we've been waiting on! Mabrook Ra'ed and Jen!
School seems to be going a bit easier for me this year. I know because God is showing me favor with this excellent 5th grade class, but also because I have experience from last year. I'm trying my best to be more creative and really engage the students into learning. They enjoy learning already but I want them to continue. I'm teaching on the Armor of God in my Bible class and I'm really excited how it's going. I feel like these kids will be able to withstand the enemy by the knowledge they are gaining. At first I was worried that they were bored but I continued getting questions about the Armor of God. I had other teachers tell me that the kids were telling them about what they learned in Bible. It's encouraging. It's also been fun to teach b/c the principal, Terry, gave me a children's Christian fiction book dealing with the Armor of God and we're reading that aloud in our reading class. These kids put the joy in teaching.
The 6th grade still has a ways to go, but I know with prayer and hard work they will make it. There is a group of boys that are just out of control sometimes and I'm praying that they will be turned into men of God and realize what great responsibility that God has given them with that title.
Moving on from school...we had a quite enjoyable break for Eid-Fitar, the end of Ramadan, while I didn't do too many thing, but did relax. It was a great break b/c I did some visiting families of school children. I enjoy interacting with people outside of school. It's so great! Also hung out in Jerusalem some with Barrett and Laura. Then on Wednesday Michelle and I had an adventure and went down to the Dead Sea. It felt good to get away and exfoliate.
This was a quick update on this month. I'm trying to get better about updating you more. Thank you for all that you do. Please continue to pray for Mahmud and his recovery. Things still still seem to be the same from the last update. But God is on the move in that family. Praise Him!
Downtime with Ra'ed's sister Rania
No comments:
Post a Comment