Friday, 22 January 2010

One More Week of January

I have to say that this week hasn't been as good as the last. Most of it has been my fault. I have been easily frustrated and cranky. Not the type of person I want to be...but i'm sure that we all have days/weeks like that and we ask for the Lord's gracious help and move on. I'm hoping after this day of relaxation that I will be able to do that! Inshallah!!

I think this frustration has a lot to do with what's going on around me and decisions that have to be made soon. One has to do with staying here next year. I have said that I will stay another year; but recently that is looking some-what impossible. I just have to trust God to believe that He works all things out...especially with visas. While we do have one now...we wont have one for next year...and that brings up lots of questions and concerns. Since graduating college, I have lived in the year by year trying to listen to what God is telling me to do. Right now...I just seem to be having a harder time hearing Him. I feel as if I need things to be obvious; but I also know that He doesn't always work that way! One thing I know is true though...GOD IS FAITHFUL and HE DOES ALL THINGS TO WORK TOGETHER FOR MY GOOD. (reminds me of a song by Jesus Culture, Your Love Never Fails, check it out! i made a link for it)

We had our first basketball tournament over the weekend. It was in Natanya, close to the cost of Israel. Our kids played very well. It is always a joy to go and watch them doing what they love the most. I also think that they enjoy us rooting them on...or at least i hope so. A week before the game, Terry ordered these new JSB hoodies with the JSB logo on it, so we were representing! Everyone knew where we were from! He and Melissa also got hairbows and hats in black and gold made for the kids. Of course, I made the spirit signs again! Our bus was full with kids, teachers, and supporters. While tiring, it was a wonderful day. The girls came in 3rd after being beaten up several times (literally, those other girls were rough) and our guys placed 1st. It was very exciting to watch them both. We'll go back in Feburary for the last tournament.

 I went to Al Beit (the house church) last night. I did enjoy it. It's great to be in an environment of worship with these kids. Kinda brings me back to my days in youth ministry with EFW and his team. I wish that we could bring that here!! For the kids that come, this El Beit is the perfect environment for them. They eat, fellowship, worship, have a quick devotion, and learn/practice the importance of praying. I hope and pray that I will continue to grow. I'm thinking right now that I will continue to go to my young adults meetings every-other week. I really enjoy it and while enjoyed being with the kids, missed it too! (This also could be b/c we didn't go to the worship meeting on Sunday b/c of basketball)


 Finally, we did have some great times in class singing Tell the World and jumping around. Also, the kids have been asking me to play with  them during break...and i've taken them up on their offers. I'm totally out of shape...these games have too much running. I'm kinda loosing my professionalism...by running all over the play ground catching kids...but it's worth it. Also, I upset my favorite K-5 kid this week on accident b/c we were playing and he didn't want to. So to make it up to him, he got to come to big-kid class for a little while. He came in the 6th grade period and they were wonderful. I think because Araz was there. They listened and were quiet. I was amazed! God's good! Araz just sat, colored, and listened. I think he enjoyed it because I heard he was pouting because he didn't want to leave school at the end of the day. :) Also, starting giving the 6th graders incentives
 to learn and be behaved...if they can listen and stay on task for both of my lessons then they can talk for the last few minuets quietly. It seems to be working! So far so good!

Here was just a sneek peek into this week. I hope all had a wonderful one yourself. Many blessings.

No comments: