This last month of May has been a busy one full of exciting adventures and parties.
6th grade has really astonished me lately. They have been really working hard and pushing themselves as well. They have been trying to really raise their standards. This last month I have been seeing some of them really work. I wish they would have done it the entire year, but maybe it's better to show what potential they have and let the teacher expect that out of them next year. Yesterday, the 6th graders with good behavior for the spring semester took a trip bowling. There were 10 of us plus a parent. I had a blast. Some of them never had been bowling before, but did a great job. It was funny to watch how the kids threw the balls, and I literally mean threw. We did girls vs. boys and of course, the girls dominated. We went for pizza after bowling. It was very hot yesterday, so by the end of the adventure, all of the kids, plus me, were exhausted.
Finally, one of my students that is really dear to my heart may be leaving our school. I've discussed this student before in previous blogs. He seems to be refusing to take Bible class and therefore that is causing issues with his grades. Of course, he's not doing the work. But his family insists that he shouldn't have to take the Bible class if he's not a Christian. Therefore they are threatening to go to the Ministry of Education. There's a lot of things that are still in the air right now. You know, this student has gone through a lot actually. Many of his cousins and friends make fun of him because he goes to a Christian school, yet he says he doesn't want to go to any other. I really don't feel like he is refusing this class; I feel his family is pushing him not to take it. He is a sensitive child. He really feels God's love and he believes in Christ. He is actually one of the most knowledgeable kids I've ever met when it comes to the Bible. He ask in depth questions on spiritual issues. He argues with his religion teacher about his religion and the teachings of Jesus. This boy believes in Christ, he wants to know more, his family is just standing in the way. I actually feel the same thing about his mother too. Because of her questioning, she has become more religious herself. Please pray for this student and his family. It's a trial that all of us have to deal with. Pray for God's will to be done in this family's life. May God send them visions and dreams of who He is to them.
The group is here! PTL They are touring now and will be at the school soon. I cant wait to see what God has in store for them! Thank you for all your prayers and support throughout this entire year. I'll be seeing you all soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment