Tuesday, 19 October 2010

It's 5 o'clock Somewhere

As I sit and type in the background I'm serenaded to the sound of the call to prayer. One of the 5 times a day that it sounds and this one is at 5pm.  All around the world, at their 5pm it will be sounding there too.  It's a familiar sound that reminds me that I'm not in America anymore. A sound that reminds me that this is not my motherland, even if it does feel like home now. It is something that I do miss while I am away. The call, is also a call for peace in a land that is filled with so much unrest and uncertainty. This call an outcry of the millions who still don't know Him.

1 comment:

darrell said...

Lindz,
(I really like that...Lind"Z"...really cool)
Your 5:00 Somewhere post really touched my heart. I thought about all the sounds that are around us that we don't even pay attention to...yet you heard the heart cry of the many that don't know our Lord...
A very powerful post....Thanks