So the month of October has been kinda a blurr. Things around here have been going 90 to nothing. I mean it's been packed, and November doesn't look like it's going to be slowing down too much. To hit the high points of October, I've listed them, included pictures.

1. Al Beit Jr. -Al Beit Jr. has been running full speed ahead. We've been packed the entire month. We're having great participation and a great time together. Those middle school kids rock! One Saturday was just a game day.
2. Basketball & Soccer - For two Sundays in October we took trips to the north up near Tel Aviv for tournaments for our Girls JV Basketball Team and Boys Varsity Soccer Team. For most of the girls, it was their first time playing basketball. They did an excellent job. I'm so proud of them. They came in 2nd place. They boys did an excellent job coming in 1st place and beating the undefeated AIS team. Needless to say, both teams were overjoyed.

3. Ms. Martha's Group- It was such a blessing to have the group from Georgia. They are always so encouraging and uplifting. It is also great to see familiar faces. I really enjoyed hanging out with Martha and Mona in some one on one time. Those ladies are anointed and I inspire to be like them, ministering to the nations and their communities. On Friday they had a teacher's retreat which was refreshing. I feel that the teacher's spirits were refreshed and rested. The students also had a great time! My class especially enjoyed meeting Ms. Irene who has been praying for them since the 1st grade. It was a great experience for her to meet the kids she's been praying for.

4. Jordan- Christina and I recently took a quick trip to Jordan. We stayed with a parent of a student. We had a great 3 days. We relaxed on the beach, and went to Petra. I've wanted to go there since I was younger. It was fantastic! In that amount of time we also received a new visa to keep us here until the end of January. After that the lawyer will file more paperwork so we should be able to stay until school ends in June. Please continue to pray for our visa situation as well as pray for God' guidance for this next year.

5. 5th Grade- My classes seem to be going great. My struggling students have really been pushing themselves. I'm really proud of GKT. He has been working really hard and seems to be doing better. He's still not up with the rest of the class but that's going to take some time. I'm proud of the accomplishments he has made thus far. God is working in his mind; I can tell that. We're still having chapel services each week and here is a clip here.
Just a few other things that happened this past month. My roomie, Angela's bday. Terry and Melissa Rhodes dedication to the library. They will also be leaving next week. Please pray for them and for us because they have made great changes in the school and we want to move forward not backward. They are hoping to be back for the beginning of next year. I can really feel that God has something in store for this season in their lives and the lives of our students. He's doing big things here!
No comments:
Post a Comment