Friday, 3 December 2010

Peace in the mist of change

I can't believe that it's already December! It seems like the 4 months that I have been back have gone by so fast. It seems that I'm missing so much. I'm trying hard not to let all the large and small moments pass me by, especially because it looks like this will be my last year. It's really hard to come to the realization that the life you've lived for 3 years and are consumed by will look VERY different VERY soon. It's hard to realize that the people that you've come to know, love, trust, and are like family will not even live on the same continent as you. And, I think the most devastating thing is not seeing the faces of the children that you spent over 540 days (180 school days times 3) with each morning and their wonderful wonderful hugs. You may wonder why I'm writing this. Well I have another visa appointment on the 19th. I don't have any idea on the outcome.
The amazing thing is God's peace in the mist of change. I dont' know what's going to happen (realistically I should be here until June) but I know that God is preparing me. It has been a difficult process knowing that I'm not needed here. I'm not needed. I can easily be replaced by another and even more capable teacher. Instead, God has placed me here, for a specific time and for a specific purpose. I think that's more encouraging than anything. While the transition may not be the most fun I've ever experience, it's exciting to know that God has a new plan in store for me. I do not know what that is yet, but I have faith that it's going to be a new fantastic adventure. Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord, 'They are plans for good, and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.'"

No comments: