Thursday, 28 April 2011

Great Times

I think I say this every time I write, but April has been a busy month. Sometime I feel like I'm just a normal  school teacher, and then I realize I live in a different country, with different customs, and very special children. I can't believe that May begins on Sunday and there is only a month left of school. It's a hard to begin to finally realize that you'll be leaving the people that you've grown to know and love for 3 years. While I know that God has big things in store for this next season of my life, I'm going to miss the school, kids, community, and fellow teachers. I am so thankful and honored that He chose me to be here.
But, let's not look too much into the future yet and remember the joys of the month of April!

Field Trip:
We took a school-wide field trip! It was usually hot and crowded. The kids had fun, but my favorite memories were made in the back of the bus. There were not enough seats, so I had to sit in the back stairwell. It was perfect. I was surrounded by this awesome set of boys. We laughed, told jokes, sang, and even did some dancing. While we had tons of fun(the entire bus was looking at us) we also had some serious time. I got to share about things that God has done and is doing in my life. It was an incredible day!








Palm Sunday:
The Sunday after the field trip, Michele and I went to the Mount of Olives to participate in the Palm Sunday processional. It was an experience. There were people who had come from all over the world to celebrate Jesus. Different tongues, tribes, and nations were gathered to join in praise to the King of Kings.








Engagement:
We've all known that Jess and Barrett where going to get married. The question was when. Barrett came to my classroom all stealth like on Thursday with a big question, "Will you help me set up to propose to Jess?" The only answer I could give was, "Heck yes, I will!" Both of their families were here for the holiday so it was the perfect time. The girls and I sneaked in the house while they were out to dinner and just set up everything. Barrett told us what he wanted and we did it. He had it all planned out! Amazing! Jess was super surprised and excited! Barrett asked us to be there to celebrate with him and Jess. I was so honored
                                                                                    to be a part of it. Man, I'm so excited to see
                                                                                   what God has in store for this incredible couple.
(Sorry the picture is a bit blurry)

Break:
We had a small spring break for Easter holiday. Michele's mom came to visit, so a majority of the break was touring her around the country. They let Angela, Tripp, and I tag along with them. We had such a great time. While I don't think I did anything new, each place is so exciting to see again. It also is a new adventure experiencing it with different people. I can say we did do a lot of laughing. It was a special girl's time out. I will cherish many of the memories made on this trip.



Easter Sunday:
  Easter Sunday began at 4am. We all woke up early and went to the sunrise service at The Garden Tomb. It was another one of those wonderful experiences where you are worshiping with different nationalities. Favorite part was proclaiming, "He has risen" in one accord. After the service we walked around the Old City and stopped by the Western Wall. There were an abundance of people because it was Passover too. It was also a sweet experience to pray and praise God for the full and final sacrifice of Jesus here in a revered place. I had so much assurance in my heart that because of that sacrifice of Jesus there is no need for a temple anymore. It also made me so thankful that I can personally commune with Him. 
The girls and I grilled out for lunch. I showed my skills on the grill. A grill here is a lot harder than it looks. It was way fun. We all did a little and had a lot. It was great just to enjoy each others company and good food.

No comments: