Friday, 31 August 2012

Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder

It has been over a year since I left that little town. Let's remember that I did not leave on my own terms. Forced, more like it. Yet, I can say that I was grateful to stay for the extended time in which I was allowed. I don't believe that there not a day that goes by where I don't think about it. I remise about the memories shared with strangers who all became family: Chuck nights, birthday parties, cooking dinner, road trips, shopping sprees in J-ru, long walks, getting on the wrong bus or busses, Monday night prayer, new arrivals, young love, dancing, reading out loud, students galore, and the list could fill up a page. The memories shared in and around that little town will always be dear to my heart.

But not all thoughts are so sweet. I think about the heartache, the longings, the stress, the discouragement, the language barrier, the gossip, and the unrest. It reminds me that along with the good days there are also tough ones. Those are the days when you can't rely on your own strength, but the from above. Those are the days you see your Maker working in new ways, even when you don't notice it at first.

The memories shared in and around that little town will always be dear to my heart. I find myself wondering, when will that time come again? When will I get to see my family that I have missed so much? Will they still have the same love for me that I have for them, or has someone else taken my place in their heart?

The time is approaching, when I'm not sure.  Your dreams can be a signal of what's to come. That little town and I will be reunited again someday.

No comments: