Sunday, 27 January 2013

The Start of a New Chapter

I've currently been in Pasadena for almost two weeks. Please note, as every new beginning in life things take time for adjustments! With that being said, I LOVE IT HERE! I know there will be harder days on the horizon, but this all seems to be right where I'm supposed to be for this season of my life. Pasadena is so culturally diverse, one of the most in the San Gabriel Valley. With all the races and ethnicities I feel right at home. I'm still amazed about how God opens the doors of those places he wants you to be and closes the ones he doesn't. I know this is a time of growing.
I've been working with Perspectives now for a week, doing accounts payable and throughly enjoy it. There is a ton of work to be done, but each day the Lord has renewed my strength and given me the endurance to work longer hours and get more accomplished. I'm blessed with a great supervisor who is a hard worker and wants to please the Lord in all that she does. The working environment is amazing. Most days we start out with morning meeting, which is just announcements, Bible study, and call to prayer. Fridays are super special, since the USCWM (click on this link to find out more) is all about mobalizing for global missions, we worship and interceed for a specific people group. My heart rejoices!
I've also been taking Perspectives as the class. I've had two classes thus far and my world is being rocked! Rocked. All that I thought about missions is being put under a new light. Perspectives has a catch phrase, "It will ruin you for the ordinary..." Let me tell you, I can already feel it coming! More to come on Perspectives in the weeks and months ahead.
I've been doing a lot of rambling. I enjoy exploring so much! We've had nice days just to wonder finding local groceries, markets (a Lebanese one is close to my house, I felt like I was back in Bethlehem), clothing stores, etc. It's been nice to get my feet wet walking around the neighborhoods or taking the Metro bus line. This weekend I even had a friend from Moultrie visit. My friend Megan lives in Mexico and she drove 3 hours to visit me. It was such a sweet renunion since I haven't seen her in about 4 years.
I'm currently living in the mission's house for people coming off the field. I've been given the okay to stay there until the middle of March. Please pray that I'll find permanent/cheaper housing close by. I'm exploring different options, but I want it to be where I'll be used the most.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy for you! You are in my prayers. Will be asking the Lord to provide a place to live that will give Glory to HIM>

Keep us posted.

In His Love
Pat Wilson

Lindz said...

Thanks so much Ms. Pat
I'll be sending another update this week. God is doing big things!