Tuesday, 15 January 2013

We've Got Mountains

How blessed! How blessed! Really, right now that's all I can think about. God has truly blessed me, especially in this season.

So, I've been in Pasadena now for about 24 hours and here's an overview of my time here and journey:
1. Fight went very well. It was tremendous.
2. Sat by a believer and was able to share stories.
3. Picked up by my director's wife, Kelly, and had an incredible lunch at a Thai place.
4. Got an overview of Pasadena, and realized WE HAVE MOUNTAINS!! Beautiful!
5. Met by my co-workers. Hugs all around.
6. Got put up in the VIP suite until we can work on some housing later in the week.
7. Took a nap.
8. Had supper with Lisa, a friend of a friend, who I'm so excited to hang out with and get to know.
9. Slept for 10 hours
10. Got some paperwork done
11. Randomly went to lunch with another Southern couple
12. Meeting and greeting


Everyone has been super super welcoming. I feel like I'm part of a big family. They have made me feel right at home and taken good care of me. It's been great!
Tonight I start my Perspectives class. I'VE BEEN WAITING SO LONG!! I'M SO EXCITED! Here's another LINK for you to read about what it is. I can't wait for the South GA region to get one! And tomorrow I'll start work.

On another note, Cali has been incredibly colder than normal. We're in the mid 50's during the day. I can't believe it's colder here than in Georgia.

7 comments:

Julia & Brian said...

Hey BUNKS!!! I'm glad you made it safely!!! Hope you have a great time full of great adventures! Love ya.

Jean McKee said...

Thanks for including me. I want to keep in touch.

Jean Brown said...

Lindsey,
So exciting to read your post.
I prayed for you this am
It will fun to read about the journey as you follow the Lord all over the world.
Take care and enjoy the journey.
Love, Jean Briwn

Brian McMillan said...

Live it up in the VIP suite! At least for 10 hours anyways. Glad everything is going great for you, but know you are missed!

Jon Schwalls said...

Thankful to hear all is well in sunny (maybe not so sunny) Cali. We love and miss you Lindsey Hayes.
Jon and Amber Schwalls

Shanda Best said...

Excited for you can't wait for more God sightings!!

Lindz said...

Guys!!! I'm so blessed to have you all in my life! thanks for all your encouragment!