Friday, 26 September 2008
When You're Stretched
Wow...I'm so sorry that is has been so long since i've last posted! Time goes by when you are having fun. I cant believe that it is almost October. My favorite time in the States. The leaves are changing, there is that fall smell in the air and it gets cooler. I love it here in Palestine, but if i could change one thing it would be that the leaves would change! Man...i love seeing all those beautiful colors especially when you go up to North Georgia and all the hills are shades of orange, reds and browns. Its one of the most beautiful things i've ever seen in my life. Well...right now here in Palestine we are looking forward to a break. After the month of Ramadan there are five days of feating and visiting family so we will have those 5 days off from school starting on Tuesday. I cant wait! It will nice to have a break and relax. We have been planning a trip to Dahab in Egypt at Sinai for months now. Now we have to find some type of transportation there. We DONT have the van here, and all rental car places and buses are shut down because it is Rosh Hashanna (which happens to be the one of the holiest days in the Jewish faith). So now we are trying to work on someone from the Jerusalem school to let us borrow their vehicle or take us for minimum cost. But i know if we are meant to go that a way will be provided. Sometimes it seems that things can be unfair here...especially about this vehicle situation. But maybe someone at the school will have a soft place in their heart for the people at this school...we'll just have to wait and see. There is also the airline ticket dilemma. When i purchased my ticket from Delta i knew i would have to change the date on it b/c of restrictions of residency and i called before i booked it and they told me that my ticket could do that. Well...now i'm supposed to leave on Tuesday from Tel Aviv b/c they will not let me change my ticket date unless its three months from the time i arrived and that would be November. I'm very upset with Delta and i'm trying to work with them but they are making it really hard. I feel like i was deceived by them and the airline that was once my favorite is now really disappointing me. If my fight leaves and there is nothing i can do about it i feel as if i have wasted so much. And i'm so sorry. My mom yesterday offered these words of encouragement..."For with God all things are possible." She would have to use my favorite verse Luke 1:37. And its so true. If God wants to do something that may seem impossible for me then go for it. I know he can do it. Or maybe He has other things in store for me that I don't know about yet. Either way...I'm trusting Him with the outcome. This first month of school has been nice and stressful. But I do love it and the kids however much they test me. I'm learning that God stretches us sometimes more that we think that we can handle. But there is the cliche that God doesn't give us more that we can handle and i believe that. In those times of stretching or times of weakness God is always faithful and always doing something underneath the surface. He's shaking the ground and i'm glad that i'm apart of it here in the Jerusalem School Bethlehem. Somedays I get upset that my class doesn't go the way i planned it to or we are behind because of some reason but then i have to remember that God is doing subtle things and having a class go the way you hoped doesn't always matter. What matters is having and making room for Him to pierce hearts and minds. Greater things are yet to come and greater things are still to be done in this city and in the 5th and 6th graders and i know that i'm going to witness it. I cant wait!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you can put pic. in your post by clicking on the little image i con at the top of your post. What I mean is when you go to write a new post there are little i cons at the top you can click on. Find the one for images. I hope this helps. I am not good at explain things. I would say I could just show you, but oh, yeah...you are half way across the world. I miss you and love you much.
Post a Comment