Sunday, 28 September 2008

WOW!!

So...while things seemed to be going downhill for a little while...God had other things in store. We just found out that we will not be going to Dahab, Egypt for break. This is very saddening but it is probably for the best. Now I will redecorate my room and work on lesson plans like a "real" teacher. lol I may go visit a friend or two or just lay around the house. I will probably visit Jerusalem to see all the end of Ramadan and Rosh Hashanah activities. One things for sure...I will get rest! Maybe even visit the House of Prayer, something i haven't had time to do yet. 
I get so excited about the things that God does even when we've seem to have given up. Thats the way i felt with my plane ticket situation. I really thought that nothing could be done. That was it...no way out! But oh boy did God have another plan to prove Himself in charge. He makes me smile! So i get an email from the new high school principal, Terry,' friend trying to help me with the ticket. And he wants to try to work on getting a refund no matter what the HR Delta woman told me. So i hear nothing and my plane leaves tomorrow night...nothing...and then wait...an email. The email says they can do something but i have to call them. Well...i'm just a phone call away because I dial the number expecting him not to be there because it is a Sunday and hes not! But there is another supervisor there who has been working on my ticket. Long story short...I'M GETTING A REFUND OF ABOUT HALF MY TICKET PRICE!!! Now thats only God. God used these two Delta supervisors in Arkansas as vessels to do His work! Thats awesome. I'm so blessed by this. 
My mom was so encouraging as i told her on the phone about it. She said, "I knew it. I knew it. I knew God had it under control and He didn't send you miles away not to take care of you." (This woman amazes me!) He's still teaching me just to remember that He IS in control. Even in the small things. It so encouraging to see Him moving! Because some days it feels like i get nowhere with my class and want to see God move instantly and radically change them. He can do that but He choses not to do it in that way. Slowly Slowly He is shaking their foundations so that they will be surefooted on Him. I may not notice it right away, but its okay. I know He doing it. The crazy thing is that this is what i'm teaching the kids. To notice God in every circumstance and in everyday life and He is opening my eyes even more to Him. 

No comments: