Tuesday, 30 September 2008
Holiday Activities
So i had an incredible night. The girls and I (that being Jen and Mary Ann) were invited to a Dutch house to celebrate Rosh Hashanah. Since this is the second day of the Jewish New Year, this family also likes to throw a party celebrating the holiday. It was so nice. It was only 12 ladies and i had a feeling of sisterhood in the room. We had bread and wine just as most Jews do on Sabbath but the bread and the wine had a more significant meaning to us as Christians. We ate the traditional blessing food of apple and honey since everyone wants a "sweet" New Year. We shared a meal together also. Here in Palestine, sharing a meal has so much more meaning. Its like you are joining together as one. I love sharing meals with families here! Then before leaving we sung a few praise songs together. I think it was a great start to a four day break!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am so glad you had fun :)
Love ya girl, wish I was as tuff and smart as you.
We love reading about your life half way around the world! God is doing great things and it encourages us to read about it. We love ya!
Post a Comment