Well...today was our first day back to school!! Yipee! I was a little nervous of this class because
#1- it's large...23 students
#2- very active
#3- I heard they didnt like to sing :(
All day has kinda been bitter sweet though, thinking that this could be my last first day of school! Knowing that this could potentially (more than likely) be my last year at JSB is quite heartbreaking. At the same time, I know that God has a plan and a purpose for me with the next year and years ahead. No matter what it is, it is a perfect and good plan, whether here at JSB or somewhere else.
With all that in mind, I'm going to try to be purposeful with all that I do. I hope that I'll be able to meet and spend time with different families and make new friends as well. On Monday I was the special guest at one family's house. I am teaching one of their daughters this year and have taught their son for the past two years. This family is amazing. I felt like a superstar!! The girls welcomed me with big hugs and big plans for the day. We ate lunch (fettuccine alfredo...delish) and then we made "fruits." "Fruits" which are basically different type of fruit put on sticks and drizzled with chocolate. The girls also had to watch a movie with me, and then show me all their new school supplies. They even wanted me to stay for dinner (What?? dinner i was still full from lunch) but sadly I already had plans for the evening. I have to say, that it was one of my favorite days! I pray that God will grant me more encounters like this.
No comments:
Post a Comment