Friday, 25 February 2011

Spirit Week

JSB had its first school spirit week! We have a few basketball and soccer games coming up, so we wanted to lighten the weight of the students and teachers. We've been going since January with one day off (not counting the weekend) and we'll continue without a break until Easter. Please pray for us to continue strong and that God will give us his divine strength to make to the break. I think I've had the most fun this week with the students. It's been so enjoyable to watch them come in each day dressed differently and see their personalities shine through their costumes.

Day 1: Nerd Day
 Day 2: Celebrity Day
 Day 3: Look-A-Like Day
 Day 4: Tiger Day (Black & Gold)

Thinking about all these lovely children I'm overwhelmed with great heartache of leaving them. This week especially has been difficult! I've had a constant nagging in the back of my head about what's next? I've been very frustrated and a bit angry because I do not know the answer to that question. I don't know what's next. All year and especially all semester I have been praying about the next chapter of my life. It feels like I've hit a wall. I know that God is continually telling me," Do not worry. Don't freak out! I'm here with you Lindsey. I know the plan I have for you! It's for good!" While reading this week I was reassured again by Psalms 42:11 "Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again--my Savior and my God!" If I put all my hope in God he will supply. Instead of worrying I should be praising!

No comments: