Sunday, 13 February 2011

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is only one day away. Don't forget to tell your sweetheart that you love them. Since this is the month of love, I decided to do Al Beit Jr. with a Valentine's theme. It was Al Beit Jr. : Valentine's Edition. Valentine's Day has always been a super fun holiday for me. I've always enjoyed all the red and pink tones. It's just super fun to decorate for. Yesterday, I heard all kids of complaints from the kids though. They didn't think that Valentine's Day was fun. "It's all about boy and girl friends." "It's mushy." "It's not fun...I don't have a Valentine." With some of the 6th grade girls, I got to share my take on Valentine's Day. I told them how I don't think I have ever had a "Valentine" on this particular day. It kinda bummed me out in hs, but as I got older I saw the true significance of the holiday. While V-day may have another traditional history, I believe that I can really use this holiday to remember that I am loved. I am loved by the King of Kings. I have a Valentine that is the best one ever. "I am my beloved’s and my beloved is mine." SOS 6:3 I think that my beloved's sacrifice was enough!

Jen and Ra'ed also spoke together at Al Beit Jr. It was a testament of God's love for us and how He shows us his love. They talked a little about how God has used them as a couple and what God has done individually in their lives.  Ra'ed also shared his personal story and how a friend encouraged him to read 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." He said that this is his life's motto. And if you know Ra'ed everything he does is out of love. I'm so excited that he shared with the students.

No comments: