It's amazing how God works. One day, just kinda living life and then the next you have someone contacting you about a resume you forgot you submitted 3 months earlier. On Monday, November 26th my boss asked me what my next steps where. I really had no plan. I had some ideas, but nothing solid (oh, yeah..forgot to mention, I've been accepted into Fuller Theological Seminary, and have deferred once b/c I didn't want to take out student loans.) I figured I could defer another semester to help out during the busy season. Tuesday, I had that email talking about my resume. Wednesday I was engaged in a conversation about the possibilities. We discussed how working with the U.S. Center of World Missions(USCWM) is a support-based possession, that required the 15-week Perspectives course, and the 4 day intensive, Explore. None of which I had taken. Yet, they were so in need of an accountant/bookkeeper that all of that could be waived. By Friday, I told my boss I was leaving by January 10th. God told me then,
"Don't plan, just trust."
And throughout this process, God has been so good. When I thought I'd bummed one of my emails, I was crying in self-pity and not even 5 minutes later I had an email from the personnel department encouraging me and giving me so much hope.
It's been a great experience getting to know the people at the USCWM. They've seemed to already take me in as family and see the gifts that God has given me. WOW! What a great place to work at.
So...I'll be working as an accountant with Perspectives. To check out what it really is click this link
HERE! I can't wait until we have one in the Moultrie/Valdosta area! I will be deferring school again, but just to get settled into a new job and a new town.
There's a load of possibilities for the future. That's what excites me the most. This is just the beginning. I don't know what God has up his sleeve, but I'm excited about the journey. He's left me speechless, in awe, and honored to be one of his children.
No comments:
Post a Comment